The driver CPC training is an initiative introduced by the European parliament, requiring all drivers of both passenger carrying vehicles and heavy goods vehicles, to complete 35 hours of periodic training every five years.
We can offer a variety of bespoke courses to suit your company needs and requirements. This enables companies to incorporate more relevance and job specific training techniques to each sector of their business. Course lengths can vary, depending on specific requirements, from 3½ and 7 hours to the maximum of 35 hours.
We can offer alternative methods of delivery and administration:
- CPC* Training can be delivered on an individual basis
- One to one CPC training, delivered during the normal working day meaning it does not accrue downtime by the vehicle or driver
- CPC Training delivered to a group during the week or weekends
- CPC Training delivered as a block
*Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
CPC course modules & assessment:
7 hour Module: HGV Safe Driver Evaluation
Subject Areas • Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving • Vehicle Systems (Safety Controls) • Vehicle Systems (Transmission System)
3 ½ hour Modules
• Loading, Securing and Weight Distribution • Risk Assessment Training • Carrying Dangerous Goods in Packages • Tachograph Legislation and Drivers Hours • Accident and Emergency Procedures and Protocols • Use of Slider Trailers and Correct Load Positioning • Manual Handling Principles and Practices • The Carriage of Controlled Waste • Vehicle Inspections and Road Worthiness • Carrying Dangerous Goods Legitimacy • Carrying the Different Classes of Dangerous Goods • Basic First Aid for Drivers • Carrying Dangerous Goods in Tanks
Subject Areas • Economic Environment for Carriage of Goods (LGV) • Health, Safety and Emergencies • Legislation (including Drivers Hours, Rules and Regulations and the Working Time Directive) • Loading/Unloading (LGV) • Personal Health and Wellbeing • Professional Driver and Company Issues • Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving • Vehicle Systems (Safety Controls) Vehicle Systems (Transmission System)